Looking Ahead

2:35 PM

Hi y'all :)

As I sit here, a warm afternoon breeze is coming through the window, rustling the curtains beside me. Birds are chirping outside and if I listen closely enough, I can hear the creek on the other side of our yard. Supper is in the slow-cooker; it's southern pulled-pork tonight, with either sweet potato fries or mashed potatoes (I can't decide :p)




It finally feels like spring at our little farmhouse, and I'm enjoying all the hope and cheerfulness that spring and sunshine always seem to bring. I just had another birthday, and soon hubby and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary. Life feels perfect right about now, which also has an anxiety about it--the moments where life seems perfect almost seem too good to be real, and I'm left wondering how long it will last.


But I've learned that life is basically an ocean, and with every ocean, there are waves. Sometimes you speed across the waves, with the fresh saltwater spraying in your face and the sun in your hair. Then, other times you are sinking beneath the water, and the waves keep hitting you in the head, over and over and over, leaving you gasping for breath.



I know I've been sporadic as of late, and for that I apologize. I have enjoyed making our house a home, though. I've been baking and cooking like a crazy person, making all sorts of projects to decorate our home with, and spending time with good friends from nursing school. Not to mention that I read a novel for the first time IN TWO YEARS. That's right. Nursing school sucked the life out of me, and I so so enjoyed being able to sit down and read a book!


All the warm weather gets me excited for all the things I wasn't able to do since I was in school last summer. I already have plans for farmers markets, gardening, bike rides, and a million other summer bucket list ideas.


What's the weather like where you are? What are you looking forward to doing this summer?



Emily xoxo

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read and reply to each one!

All content belongs to me, Emily, unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.