How I Stay Productive

Can I be honest for one moment? Some mornings, I feel like staying in my pajamas and doing nothing. Except maybe look at project ideas on Pinterest, dreaming of how productive I'm going to be. Finding the motivation to do it, though--that's the hard part!! I'm not claiming to be an expert at all, but I want to share a few things I do in my morning routine to help me stay productive through the rest of the day.

10 tips to be productive when you want to do absolutely nothing



1. Wake up early. 

I wake up with hubby when he gets up for work, which is usually pretty early. As much as I love sleeping in on Saturdays, I have to admit that waking up early throughout the week is what keeps me motivated. It adds so many more hours for me to get stuff done, and gives me extra time to plan out my day that I might not have if I slept in till the last possible minute. Sleeping in also tends to make most people feel lethargic. So waking up early is a must for me!


2. Drink a glass of hot lemon water

It doesn't taste great by any means, but drinking hot lemon water before breakfast has so many health benefits! It helps cleanse your gut, it contains vitamin C, and my skin, hair and nails, have been so clear and strong since I've started doing this. It really helps me feel less lethargic. I also try to drink cold lemon water throughout the day. The energy it gives me is amazing.


3. Turn on your power music
I have to play music when I'm working. I usually like to start the morning with a praise and worship playlist, then I move on to other playlists depending on what mood I'm in. One of my favorite things to listen to is piano music. It helps me stay focused, but also relaxed. It's just the right amount of background noise. Here's one of my favorite stations to listen to on Spotify.




4. Diffuse

{ Disclaimer: Before you use essential oils, PLEASE research them Some oils are harmful and even fatal to pets and children. So make sure you know what you are using. } I am still learning about essential oils, but I love them! I got a diffuser for Christmas and use it all the time. There are so many different blends to diffuse that can helps motivate you, but my favorite blend right now is simply Orange and Frankincense. It smells great, and helps me stay focused. (This is the diffuser I use)



10 tips to be productive when you want to do absolutely nothing



  5. Have a game plan

If my day is planned out, then it's easier for me to stay focused. I like to break up my day into what needs done in the morning vs. afternoon chores. I try not to leave anything out. If I'm going to blog, I put that in my schedule, too. For me at least, having the accountability of writing down my goals for the day really helps. When I look back at my planner and see what I have/haven't accomplished, it makes me want to do even better the next day. It also helps me see if there's a better way for me to manage my time.


6. Wash Face

I always start my morning off by washing my face. There's nothing like a splash of cold water to wake you up. haha. I use Alpha Hydroxy/Beta Hydroxy cleanser with tea tree oil from Makeup Artist's Choice. I absolutely love it! It gives my skin that tingly sensation that feels so good and fresh first thing in the morning. 


10 tips to be productive when you want to do absolutely nothing
Some of the other products I use in my morning routine



7. Workout/yoga

My workout time is usually in the afternoon, so this isn't really part of my morning routine. But working out, along with yoga, help my productivity so much. I was out of the habit of working out, but have recently gotten back to it and I can't even begin to say how my better I feel! I'm able to get so much more done now that I'm working out every day.


8. Read Bible

This one is a must-have for me. Days where I go without reading my Bible usually end up with me feeling "blah" all around. My attitude and productivity are so much better when I make time to read my Bible. I also enjoy it the more I read. One of my favorite passages to read when I'm not feeling very motivated is Proverbs 31.


9. "Me Time"

It's so important to take some time for you during your day. I know if I keep pushing myself, I usually get burnt out. I like to schedule breaks where I can do something I enjoy throughout the day; whether it's reading, writing, playing the piano, yoga, whatever. The days I get the most done are the days where I take a couples moments to do focus on self-care.


10. Remember why you're working.

Sometimes, even when I do all these things, I still feel like giving up. I have zero motivation. What I try to remember though, is why I'm working--or rather for who I'm working for. When I'm productive it benefits not only me, but also my hubby. I know he appreciates everything I do. And it brings us a step or two closer to having our own home someday. Even when I'm trying new recipes, or working on decor projects, I try to remember why I put so much time into them--because I'm working on skills and products that will help my family.


Basically, what I've found is  that when it comes to  staying productive, it's all about having a routine!! When you're in the habit of getting stuff done, it's hard to break that habit (duh.). Like I said, I'm far from figuring it all out, but all these things have helped me so, so much in the last year as a new wife and also as someone who plans to start a business.


How do you stay productive? What keeps you motivated throughout your day?

Emily
xoxo

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read and reply to each one!

All content belongs to me, Emily, unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.