Two Decades // April Playlist


It has been one whole week since I turned twenty. I'm two decades old. It's a little hard to believe. When I was a little kid, twenty seemed so old. I never really pictured myself being this age. One thing I've learned in this life (although it seems like the more I learn, the less I know) is how amazing God's grace is. I fail everyday, yet Jesus still died for me. That's mind boggling. I have so much to be thankful for and I don't deserve any of it.

My April playlist is a bunch of songs that mean something to me. All of these songs were kept on repeat at different times of my life (go ahead and judge me). Can You Feel the Love Tonight was my favorite song EVER when I was little. Kindergarten and first grade was the Backstreet Boys phase (I was in love with Nick Carter) and fifteen year-old was the One Direction phase (apparently I had a thing for boybands. sorry, not sorry). This playlist is on a constant loop for me as we speak. Oh, nostalgia!





Dear ten year-old me,

If I could tell you one thing to prepare me for the next ten years of my life, I would say that God knows exactly what He is doing. Sometimes things don't work out. But oh, sometimes they do and it's oh so wonderful when things do work out. The next thing you need to do: start exercising right now. Don't wait till after high school -- you'll regret it big time. Oh and please be careful on your bike and climbing trees. That doesn't end well. Enjoy every single minute with your best friends, they won't be around forever. When you make no-bake cookies, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PERFECTLY (it might take you a few years to figure that out, but you'll get it eventually). Start taking voice and piano lessons as soon as you can and don't forget to practice everyday. Oh and writing a novel is hard work -- you're first draft will be absolutely horrible and you won't ever want anyone to read it, BUT writing gets better the more you do it. Oh and pay more attention in Anatomy and Physiology when you get to high school (you're going to go to college for nursing, in case you're wondering). Twenty is an amazing age to be. 2016 is an awesome year as of April -- you have the best people ever in your life and you will be so happy to see where you are. Trust me.

Love, twenty year-old me 
P.S. 
Yes, driving is just as fun as you thought it would be. 



Emily
xoxo

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read and reply to each one!

All content belongs to me, Emily, unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.