2016 >> 2017




Well. Another year has come and gone. It seemed to go faster than any other. What can I say?


2016 has been one of the best years ever. So many answered prayers. So many laughs. So many happy memories. Sadly, I didn't cross everything off of my bucket list last year. But ya know what? That's okay. 2016 was full of too many good things to be upset about not getting everything accomplished. My boyfriend and I were able to cross off a ton of things off our shared bucket list. And that makes up for everything I wasn't able to do on my own.


2016 Bucket List

Finish Out of the Ashes and continue to edit Beginning of the End

Write more letters

Workout everyday - if not everyday, then at least twice a week

Wear more dresses (because they're adorable)

Practice piano and voice everyday

Sing a solo in church (3 times - not as scary as I thought)

Teach myself to play my ukulele

Go to the drive-in movies

Read 20 books (pathetic, I know. but hey, my college schedule is crazy!)

Learn how to drive stick shift (eh, kinda)

Learn how to change the oil in my car

Start one of the novels on my To-Write list (other than my trilogy)

Make one new recipe a week


I was able to get through my first semester of nursing school. I met some amazing people this year, and I can't imagine my life without them. One of my goals for 2016 was to be able to do at least one chin-up before the year was over. I didn't do it before the year was over, but I did do one on New Year's day -- so I'm pretty happy.

My one word for last year was Live. And that so perfectly sums up 2016. It was the type of year where I have to just sit and think, "Wow. I am so blessed." I haven't always been thankful for it. But God really went above and beyond this year. Every good gift is from Him. And I have to give Him all the praise.

A lot of thought has gone into my word for 2017. There are so many things I want to focus on. And that's when I knew what my word was. Focus. This year I really want to stop and focus on enjoying the moment. To stop, look around, and count my blessings. Even when I'm feeling overwhelmed, I have an incredible amount of things to be thankful for -- and I want to focus on that. 

So even though there are things that I want to do in 2017, I'm not making an official bucket list or resolutions. I'm going to enjoy my year and the people I'm spending it with. Happy 2017, everyone. Let's make this year great.

Emily
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. AWWW bucket lists with the boyfriend is like one of the funnest things ever!!! and you did pretty good too; I failed on some stuff too myself. XD

    And I'm so happy to see someone happy with their past year. Everyone has been complaining that 2016 was the worst year, but I had a wonderful year and I'm so glad you did too!!! <3

    And your word for the year is one I need LOL. I haven't picked my two words yet but will soon!

    Happy New Year!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 2016 wasn't so bad as people say! Can't wait to read your two words :)

      ~Emily

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read and reply to each one!

All content belongs to me, Emily, unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.