So That was Christmas

Monday, December 28, 2015


Fall was a bad writing time for me. A million things came at me at once and I put writing on the backburner. I passed all my finals and made it through my first semester without too much headaches (ha). December has been the hardest and craziest month of 2015. I had something going on nearly every day, I had finals, and there were some scary new experiences that I had to deal with. Somehow I got through them and now I'm stronger than I was before. So I guess you could say that December was a good month for me, even if I didn't know it at first. I even sang a solo at two different places, which was a major deal for me since I'm terrified of singing in front of people.

Christmas was a blast. I spent some time with both sides of my families and ended Christmas with my cousins, laughing till my sides hurt. I got a ukulele (!!!) and already taught myself two songs. One of my other favorite gifts was The Man from U.N.C.L.E. There will definitely be a review coming for that one, since it's now my favorite movie.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is over. I already miss the music and excited feeling at the mall. The bittersweet feeling that comes before the start of the new year has settled in, but I'm so excited to see what this new year has in store.

How was your Christmas?

Emily
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Wow, glad you survived December and came out stronger in the end!! Looking forward to you UNCLE review, I still haven't seen it yet but would really like too!

    I hope you have a wonderful new year, Emily!! <3

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a GOOD MOVIE.

      Thanks, Jamie! Have a awesome new year, too! :)

      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. I feel ya -- this fall and winter have been difficult/crazy/emotional for me, too, and I had a lot of trouble with writing. And getting a ukulele is awesome -- I've wanted one for a while, even though I'm not hugely talented when it comes to instruments with strings. xD But I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope 2016 is a lovely year for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. December was an equally crazy month for me and I'm still super busy this January, though thankfully it's slowing down a bit next week. XD That's so cool that you got a ukulele! I have several friends who play with them. ^ ^ Some of my favorite presents have to be a new phone (my old one didn't work very well anymore), a leather purse/backpack, a wax sealing kit, and some fanart a friend of mine did for me! :D

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leather backpack sounds wonderful -- I can never have too many bags or purses!

      Happy new year!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)