Things Working in a Daycare has Taught Me

9:08 PM



I absolutely love my job. It doesn't feel like work--it's fun and my coworkers are just amazing. While my actual classroom is with the infants, I start out my morning working with the two year-olds. You can learn a lot from little kids, you know? They say the funniest and sweetest things sometimes. There is never a dull moment. So please let me share the things that little kids have taught me.


Sharing is caring.

However, if someone takes your toy, it's a fight to the death.

Never tell the truth about whether or not you wet your pants.

School buses are the coolest thing ever.

What students remember most about teachers - Quote as a FREE printable download! I love this quote makes me think twice about how I interact with my kids and other children.  How did a teacher inspire you?

Kissing a boo-boo instantly makes things better.

Tissues are optional.

If you know anything about Frozen, everyone will like you.

Reading is fun at any age.

Everyone thinks the new teacher is a sucker for tears (they may be right...)

Apologizing does wonders.

suspicious

Silence = a big.big.big. mess.

Asking a little kid about their day makes them feel important.

You can reason with kids more often than you might think.

Germs are everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

"Clean" is a subjective term.

This Pin was discovered by Sabrina Wittman. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest. | See more about jewels, children and looking forward.

And most importantly....

Something as simple as a smile can change someone's day.


Emily
xoxo

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is awesome! It must be a lot of fun working in a daycare. My family used to babysit a ton of kids. It was a lot of fun (you know when they weren't squabbling over a favorite toy ;).

    Now I teach clogging to kids. They're older though; the youngest is probably ten maybe elven. But your Frozen insight still applies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind, but it's totally worth it :)

      Yes, it amazes me that every.single.kid. adores Frozen. It's an instant conversation starter. Teaching kids clogging sounds like a lot of fun!

      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. This is such a good post!!!! Working with little kids is such a rewarding challenge. From my days in a church nursery, I can actually say the parents are harder to deal with than the children. XD

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with that. Parents are often more of a challenge than the kids!

      Thanks!

      ~Emily

      Delete
  3. Awww, this is the CUTEST. ^-^ I don't work in a daycare (yet!!) but I've been studying for it and so far I'm just a part-time nanny/babysitter. I LOVE LITTLE KIDS SO MUCH. Agreed about Frozen though. Or just any kids movie/show. Gosh, I've never been so knowledgable about Thomas the Tank Engine or Dora the Explorer. What is with little kids and toilets though?! I have to fight the 2-year-old onto the toilet every. single. time. It's like they're sure if they take a second away from playing something HUGE will happen and they'll miss out. xD

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working with kids is so fun. Thomas the Tank Engine is another favorite, along with Sofia the First. I think you're right with the toilet thing--they just don't want to miss anything. Although one little girl did tell me she was afraid of falling in the toilet. It's a valid fear, I guess :D

      Welcome!

      ~Emily

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts