Cupcakes (and the best icing ever)

10:17 PM







Saturday was devoted to cupcake making. It didn't take me long to decide what kind of cupcakes to make: Chocolate with peanut butter icing.






Let's be honest: nothing will ever compare to chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Nothing will ever compare to chocolate and peanut butter anything. Whoever decided to put the two together has earned my total respect. 




For the cake part, I used Betty Crocker's Super Moist triple chocolate cake mix. The icing was the show-stealer for me, though. It was light and fluffy and the best peanut butter icing I have ever tasted. And I'm not even an icing person. I usually scrape the icing off. Yeah. It's that good. You can find the recipe here at Java Cupcake.


Then I drizzled some Hershey's syrup on the icing and topped the cupcakes off with halved mini Reese's P-nut buttercups. Depending on how many cupcakes you make, you'll probably have lots of buttercups left over (which is a plus).


And of course there was plenty of icing left over. So now there's a jar of icing sitting in the fridge, just waiting for someone to spread on a graham cracker. It was a good day, indeed.


How was your Saturday?

Emily
xoxo

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Emily - these are gorgeous! They look completely professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look insanely good. I am always on the lookout for the best of basic food recipes, so this was very helpful. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter and chocolate! Yes! I will definitely have to try this recipe. I usually just mix peanut butter with some white frosting, which is quick and easy. But since I can't stand really sweet frosting and I want a good peanut butter taste, I add a lot of pb. Meaning, I get a very thick frosting that's difficult to spread. :P I'm going to try this recipe next time instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this recipe is just right--not too sweet, not to p-nut buttery (but then, I like sweet things). You'll have to let me know how you like it!

      ~Emily

      Delete
  4. I expect to see these at a family gathering in the future ;) Can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll have to bring them on Memorial Day! :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts