1, 2, 3

5:17 PM



One of my goals this year is to take one picture a day. It isn't going to be easy (I almost forgot on the first day, then remembered at 11:45 pm). But  it should be fun. 


1/1/15
The little Christmas tree in my room, complete with shotgun shell lights :)


1/2/15

Unbroken. If you haven't read this book, then I urge you to. You won't regret it. It's the true story of WWII pilot and Olympic runner Louis Zamperini. If you need an inspirational book to start off your year, this is it. What this guy went through is astounding, yet he didn't let it break him. 

I don't know that I would recommend it for younger audiences. There's a lot of violence and some disturbing circumstances that might upset kids or squeamish people. It really is worth the read, though. I give it five stars.


1/3/15


Tonight will be spent writing and just taking it easy. I may have been a little overzealous in my exercising goal--now my legs feel heavy as lead. Next time, I'll be more careful. Oh well. Maybe I can incorporate the burning in my legs into a scene in my novel. Nothing like using your own pain for writing inspiration, eh?

Anyone else doing any fun projects in 2015?

Emily
xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I keep seeing Unbroken recommended everywhere!

    Good luck with your photo challenge; I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's an amazing book. The movie just came out Christmas day (you've probably heard of it), and I'm hoping to go see it sometime in the next few weeks.

      Thanks, I appreciate that!

      ~Emily

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts