Authentic

Wednesday, June 25, 2014


Just another Wednesday. It's downpouring  outside. I really should be studying, but instead I'm relaxing in a chair, drinking iced coffee and listening to hits of the 80's (because that's just how I roll).

I know that I don't post a whole lot. But here's the thing--I've been thinking (a very dangerous thing indeed) and I have come to the conclusion that I want to be authentic. I don't want to blog just to blog. Each post should have some real meaning to them. If I feel about something, I'll write. Otherwise, I probably won't write much. I've noticed throughout the years that when I force myself to write, the words sound... well... forced (obviously). And I really don't want to bore my readers. I just want to be real. 

A lot of people have this idea that bloggers are cute women in little dresses who post about recipes and crafts and tips on housekeeping, while other people think all bloggers all nerds. There are people out there who fit both these descriptions. But this blogger right here isn't a "perfect" little blogger at all. I have faults and bad grammar, and looking back over this post, I am talking far too much about myself.

In the end, I'm just a normal person, a hopeless sinner saved by the grace of God. And I want everything I do to point back to Him, the One who saved me.

This post turned out very rambly. I guess what I mean by all of this confused jumble of words is that, I don't want to pretend to be someone I'm not. I want to be real.

Emily
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Authenticity is always the best way to blog but it can be hard to do sometimes. :) I think you will make a great authentic blogger even if you post less. Sometimes less is more. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Being authentic is so important. Very good point. Also, love the blog:)

    princessfaithm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)