Authentic

Thursday, February 13, 2014


So, I didn't go to Haiti.

There was a last minute emergency (last minute as in we were walking through airport security), and I ended up riding in an ambulance for the first time and spent 5 hours in a NYC emergency room with my aunt.

It was disappointing and a little scary. But I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. It made me so much stronger and I learned so much from it. I also can say that 2014 started off with a huge adventure. And that's what I wanted (although normally when I think of adventure, I think of going to Ireland and meeting an Irish guy and marrying him *ahem* Anyway...). I'll tell you the whole (and actually funny) story later.

As I was trying to decide how to blog about my adventure, I got to thinking about blogging. I rarely write anymore, even though my desire to write is as intense as ever. And while I am busy with school, I know that I could still make time to write. That was when I realized the real reason why I don't blog as much: I feel like I have nothing to write about--I have writer's block, and have since.... A long time.  Every time that I go to write a new post, my fingers dance idly on the keyboard and I think, Um... What now? My life is way too boring. No one cares what I have to say.

But I'm not writing for other people. I started this blog because I love to write. Writing helps me straighten out my thoughts--it's how I express myself, how I relax, how I vent. And I need to remember that.

So one of my goals for this year is to post at least once a week. Hopefully I'll post more than that, but I definitely want to post every week (that way you won't think I've gone and died, either).

I guess the point of this post was to say that I want to be authentic--I want my writing to be real. I want to be real. And if people want to join in my journey and read what I have to say, that's fine. If not, that's fine too. But the point of my writing is not for other people. I write to write.

That's all I really have to say. I wish I had some deep phrase to leave you with, but I don't. So have a great week.

Emily
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)