Christmas Changes

4:38 PM

Christmas kind of snuck up on me this year. School takes up a lot of my time, then throw in planning for the Haiti trip on top of that--that is an equation for craziness. But I've never been one to shy away from insanity.

This year, Christmas was a bit different. Okay, make that a lot different. Usually, we go my maternal grandparent's for Christmas Eve, but they're in the process of moving so they came over here. On Christmas night, we go over to my paternal grandparent's with all the cousins. Those plans were changed too, because my pappy was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and the chemo treatment made him sick, so he's in the hospital right now.

It still has been a good Christmas, though. And I've learned that traditions change. If you know me, you know that I hate change. I always have, and I always will. But while traditions are sometimes a good thing, they can become bad if you get stubborn and set in your ways. Yeah, I know, it's a simple fact, right? I should know this by now. I guess that no matter how many times I hear something (such as, 'change isn't bad'), I never truly learn my lesson until something happens.

So that's my little Christmas post, which I guess could also be classified as a rant. Anyway, I hope you all have a great Christmas and remember the real Reason for the season. I know that I dropped off the face of the earth for a major amount of time, but I'm hoping to change that. I haven't written nearly enough lately, and I need/want to. It relaxes me so much.

Merry Christmas!!
Emily
xoxo

P.S.
I'll be in Haiti 1 week from tomorrow!!!! :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts