Life as of Late

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Has it really been a month since I last posted? That's crazy...


School started last Monday. At first it was kind of scary, but I had a lot of people praying for me and God helped me through it. The first week turned out to be great, and so far, my second week of school is even better. My favorite class is medical terminology; I love the teacher--she is so sweet and funny and just overall amazing. I'm so thankful that God has been with me every day--and that He always will be.


Because of school, everything else has come to a bit of a standstill. I haven't been writing a whole lot (*insert sob*), but I still have tons of ideas for my novel. This next month, I plan on seriously editing the first draft of Beginning of the End (I'm dreading it though. Every time I edit, I get depressed at my writing). I'd also like to start working on the sequel--some major plotting needs to be done before I start that. Ah, the life of a writer.


I've also been thinking a lot about being a light. When I was a little kid, I used to sing the song This Little Light of Mine. But I never fully understood just what I was singing until lately. The Bible says that I need to let my light shine forth before men--I need to be a light in the darkness. I want people to see Jesus in me.


So that's what has been going on in my life. It isn't very interesting or exciting. But that's how it is. To wrap up this post, I figure I'll just share a few things that make me happy.


- the great gatsby


look to where your mind wanders




only all the time. hahaha



Cookies


this is so me


Lessons with Laughter: Character Traits and the Books that Teach Them


I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.





How have you been?

xoxo, Emily

P.S. I apologize in advance if I don't post very often because of school. Just don't worry that I've disappeared forever. Have a great week :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad school is working out for you and that you have a nice teacher. :D And I know what you mean about editing... :(

    I LOL-ed at the last pic! HAHAHA!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, editing... ugh... I should be doing that right now. But I'm not going to. lol

      Haha I love it!

      Delete
  2. Hey there! My name's Skyler and I'm new to the blogging world! It would mean allot if you checked me out!
    imgonnawriteaboutit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)