These are the Days

9:00 AM



As I mentioned in my last post, the last few weeks have been insane--but a fun insane. I will be honest and admit that it is nice to have this week completely free and rest. But I still wouldn't trade the last few weeks. 

Last Sunday was my family reunion at The Lake (maybe there was no need to capitalize that. But it seems better capitalized). Every time I get out on the water, I know that I could definitely live on a lake. I love water, I always have, and I always will. There is a cool breeze, the smell of lake-weed (which actually isn't that great), and waves lapping against the shore. Plus, there are boats rides and kayaking. Just don't jump into the kayak and tip it like some people I know (it wasn't me, just for clarification).





I love it when the water is so calm that it looks like oil. 


Then, last Tuesday, some friends and I went to an amusement park. We had the best pizza in the world (seriously), rode a ride that went up 124 ft. in the air and then dropped us straight down (I wasn't even able to scream. It took my breath away. I almost died. But it was so fun), and was actually able to keep my hands up on the roller coaster (well... actually, I only kept one hand up in the air. The other hand was holding on for dear life). Then, we went on an indoor music ride and requested a song and sang it at the top of our lungs. We didn't get home until late and the whole way home, we were singing country songs with the windows and sunroof down and sang out loud and off-key. 

And you know what? That is the type of day that I'm going to remember for a long time. When all my friends have left for college (next week....), one of those songs that we sang is going to come onto the radio, and I'm going to belt it out and smile a bittersweet smile, because yes, my friends are gone, but I still have memories. I'm not going to forget that day anytime soon. 



Yeah. I rode that. I still can't believe it. 
In fact, looking at this picture, that seems really high. Why did I go on that?
Was I insane?
Why???
I'd go on it again, though. It was fun.




These are the days that I will have for the rest of my life. And I'm glad of that.



Emily
xoxo

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The amusement park looks SO. FUN. And the pizza looks to die for, too. lol! I'm so glad you had fun!

    And it's been a little while since I got to be near a lake but I have never gone kayacking before. It sounds like lots of fun, too!!

    I'm glad you've been having a great summer and I agree it's always nice to have a week of just honest 'laziness' afterwards. Lol. I'm doing that too, but I'm afraid it's because I'm battling a mild cold. I'm mostly through it though, so that's good. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is REALLY good pizza. I usually eat pepperoni, but I never do because it's SO GOOD without it, too.

      If you ever get the chance to kayak, do it! :D

      Delete
  2. I would never jump into a kayak and tip it over ;) That is just silly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Oh, but you did do it ;)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts