Elegant Blogger Award

Thursday, August 29, 2013



  • When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog the nominated you.
  • Display the award button in the post
  • Answer all of the 12 questions give in the post (Do not make your own answers)
  • Nominate 12 bloggers
  • Notify them that they have be awarded

To start off, I'd like to shout out a huge thank you to Jamie for tagging me! And not only tagging me, but I think it's so sweet that she thinks I'm elegant :)

Now, on to the tag.


1. What made you decide to start blogging? To be quite honest, I'm not exactly sure. One day, my mom randomly asked me if I wanted to start a blog. I thought about it and said, "okay". I guess I just wanted a place to write down my thoughts about life and anything else.

2. What is your fashion style? Oh my, I don't know. Do I even have a style?? I like to dress cute (or my idea of cute) and wear sweet little dresses. I also love vintage clothes. But my favorite outfit will always be jeans, a t-shirt, and flip-flops or sneakers (if I can't go barefoot). So really, it just depends on my mood.

Is this dress not adorable??

3. What is something none of your followers know about you? Hmm... I'm thinking.... I wear reading glasses. They're kind of annoying, but they help me read, so I deal with it.

4. What are some of your blogging goals? Really, my only goal for blogging is that God will be glorified. 

5. Where is your favorite place to shop? The grocery store. Because I love food. No, not really, I'm just kidding (I do love food, though). This is a tough question. I love music stores--looking through piano music and at all the instrument makes me giddy. Maurices is my favorite place to buy clothes, if we're talking about clothes shopping. But my favorite place to shop for anything is the book store. I love the smell of books. I could easily blow a million dollars in a book store.  

6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be? It honestly doesn't matter to me. If people want to follow me, that's fine. If they don't, that's fine, too. I'm not blogging to get people to follow me.

7. What are your talents? I always have a hard time answering questions like this. But I'll answer what people have told me are my talents. People say I play the piano like my mom (which is a huge compliment), and they also say I have a knack for writing. If both of those statements are true, then I'm happy.

8. Are you a leader or a follower? I'm not really sure. I'd like to think I'm a leader. But sometimes, I can be a follower. I guess it depends on what the situation is.

9. What is one of your favorite quotes? "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that really matter"--Martin Luther. I love this, and I never want to forget it.

10. Do you have a favorite book or book series? My favorite series was The Hunger Games. But it was soon replaced by the Divergent series. I still need to write a review of that.

I have spent the past 2 days reading. And now I can finally say I have finished "Divergent" and the second book "Insurgent". I loved every minute of it and can't wait for the next book to come out! I recommend you all read it!

11. Out of all the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)? I don't know. I honestly don't know. Definitely not graceful--I trip way too much. Maybe dainty, because I'm short. I don't know.

12. What is your favorite flower? Well, I love wild red roses, sunflowers, and tigerlilies (spell-check says I spelled that wrong. Did I?) I also love Baby's Breath. Basically, if you want to give me a bouquet of flowers, just pick wildflowers and I'll be happy. I love wildflowers.

Wildflower bouquet.. love those sunflowers!


I don't think I'm going to tag anyone because it's late and my brain isn't functioning properly and I'm tired. Goodnight, blogland.

Emily
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)