No Words

Sunday, July 7, 2013


Do you ever have those moments where you just get this feeling that you can't describe? You don't even know what you're feeling, you just.... Feel so much. 

There needs to be a name for the feeling of feeling so much at once.

I get this feeling every so often. Maybe I love life a little too much. I don't know. But I'll just be sitting down and realize that I feel so much--I want to write it down, to describe it, but I can't. I can't turn it into music, I can't take a picture of it, I can't do anything; all I can do is enjoy the moment.

I guess the feeling could be called happiness. Or maybe love. I'm happy for no reason other than that I love life. I love my family, I love the way the summer air smells at night, the way fireworks crackle, the way music makes me feel like closing my eyes and dancing.

I love life.

I've heard some people say that no one can be truly happy, that no one has a truly great life--that no one's life is perfect. And my life isn't perfect in the full meaning of the word--nothing is perfect except for Jesus Christ.

But my life is perfect for me. I truly am happy. Yes, I have bad days where I feel like nothing is going right, and I get frustrated at the whole world. But for the most part, my life is amazing. It's not because of anything I do--God has given me this wonderful life. Maybe that's why I love life so much--because it is a gift from God, and I want to cherish it. Life is a great gift, and I have been so blessed.

Life is good because my brother and sister and cousins are my best friends ever. I have two great parents who love me. I have grandparents who love me (and are amazing cooks... but that's just a bonus). I have a bunch of aunts and uncles who have always been there for me, just like my own parents have. And I have amazing friends that I know have my back and want to see me happy (even if we get on each other's nerves every now and then). 

Life is good because I can smell the wet hay on summer nights. I can see the peach-colored sunset every night and then make wishes when the stars come out. I can eat deep-fried Oreos (there is going to be a full post dedicated to that subject) on the 4th of July. I can run through the soft grass in my bare feet. I can dance to loud music, and sing along with it at the top of my lungs, and swim like I'm a mermaid.

Life is more than good. It's a word that hasn't been invented yet. There probably never will be a word invented to describe the way I feel. And it's probably better if there isn't, because it wouldn't do the feeling justice. No one can put words to it, no one can capture the feeling. It's one of those feelings that make you feel content. It's one of those feelings that you just need to sit and let soak in.

They're the best feelings, after all.

Emily
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, the word I'm struck after reading this post if 'thankfulness'. :) And I know the feeling you are speaking of, it's a good feeling.

    I'm glad that you've been blogging more frequently again!! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing feeling. I agree--'thankfulness' does describe the feeling. And so does 'content', I think. I think the beautiful thing about this feeling is that it's a mix of emotions :)

      Aw, thank you! I've enjoyed being able to blog more!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)