I Fail

Tuesday, July 9, 2013


I fail.

I fail daily.

Over.

And over.

And over.

That's what makes me human. I know that I am not perfect, and I won't be until I get to Heaven.

You know the thing about failing, though? No matter how many times I fail, Jesus still loves me. There's something humbling about that. When Jesus died on the cross, He knew that I would fail Him everyday. And yet He still went through with it.

That's overwhelming.

Jesus loves me so much that He gave His life to save me, even though I fail Him everyday.

Just let that sink in.

I think about about humans, and how we get frustrated when those we love fail us. We don't necessarily stop loving that person, but we aren't always gracious. It's hard to comprehend.

But we will never be able to love like Jesus loves.

Jesus died even for people who hate Him and want nothing to do with Him.

If that isn't love, then I don't know what is.

I guess that this is something that has been on my mind lately. Each day, I'll do something that makes me ask, "Now why would I do that, when I know that it's sin, and I know that sin hurts God?" But the beautiful thing about God is that He will love us no matter what we do, and no matter how often we do it. Yes, it hurts God when we sin, and that pains me to know that I hurt the Person who died for me. But Jesus will never stop loving me, and He will never stop loving you. If He didn't love us, do you really think that He would have died on the cross?

So this week--this year--the rest of my life--I am praying that God will help me to live for Him, because He died for me. I will continue to fail my Savior, because I am human, and I'm not perfect. But God will give me the strength to serve Him, and I will rely on that strength. And I will be overwhelmed by the fact that Jesus will never stop loving me, even though I fail. Even though I fail Him daily.

He will always love me.

This song perfectly describes what I'm thinking right now.


Emily
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO TRUE AND IT MAKES ME FEEL SO FREE! :) I never really realized this truth till recently--*sobs* To think we even have freedom to make mistakes and then grow from those mistakes into a closer image of what He wants us to be, is really just mind-boggling. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Jesus is such an awesome Saviour!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)