Summer Ramblings

Wednesday, June 26, 2013


Life is super crazy (I say that every post, don't I? hmm). So, I feel like writing a crazy rambling post. Is that okay with you?

Saturday is my graduation party. I'm super excited :D It's not going to be a big affair by most people's standards, but by my standards, it is going to be one of the best parties ever--simply because my family is going to be there: my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. And you know what? The older I get, the more I realize that, while my friends are amazing and I love them.... my BEST friends on the whole earth--the friends I will always have--are my brother and sister and my cousins. I love them so much. I don't ever want to live without them.

The last two days were amazing. I spent nearly the whole day outside, playing wiffle-ball and capture the flag with the neighbors. I got a bad sunburn (why am I not surprised?), but it was worth it (maybe). Summer is amazing. Especially this summer--I guess I want it to be special because it's the last summer I have before college. And that's a big deal. So far, the summer has been amazing. I've already gone out for ice-cream with one of my best friends twice, and we stayed out a little too late talking, but it was so fun, and I enjoyed spending the time with her.

I read Insurgent last week (the sequel to Divergent). I need to talk about it, but I don't really know anyone who has read it. The third book doesn't come out until October. I can't keep calm. Insurgent has the worst cliffhanger EVER, okay?

Glad I got that out of my system. A formal book review of both books will come once I've had time to think things out and calm down.

Baseball is running my life right now. But my brother enjoys it, and I enjoy the game, so I try to deal with it. My brother is amazing, in case you didn't know. Just wanted to get that out of my system, too.

To wrap things up, I guess I'll end by saying that I love summer. And I love life. I love life so much that it hurts. I love the feeling of driving down the road with the country station playing. I love sticking my hand out the window and letting the wind run through my fingers like water. I just love it. I feel alive, wonderfully alive. Maybe that's why I love summer so much--because I feel like I'm wide awake. It's a good feeling.

How's your summer going?

Emily
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun.

    I also came to the conclusion that siblings are forever friends, even though your best friends are absolutely amazing. :)

    So far, my summer is hot and sweaty but cutting my hair short has REALLY paid off! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!

      Yeah, short hair would be sooo nice right now. haha

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)