I'm Back

9:38 PM



I'm back! Thank you for all your prayers. The surgery went really well--I am now tonsil-less. I'm actually feeling much better than I thought I would. God has been so good to me the last week. In fact, on Monday morning, as I was waiting for the surgery, I felt unusually calm. My only explanation for that is: it must have been God giving me peace. There is no way I would have been able to keep calm. I serve an awesome God.

Anyway... I haven't been doing much this week. Except. Except. Reading.

I discovered Divergent.

A.MAZING.BOOK.

I like it better than The Hunger Games, guys. As my mom put it--that is really saying something.




A book review will be coming shortly. Because all I want to do is talk about this book. I really need to calm down and stop fangirling before I do a comprehensible review, though. Trust me.

Other than reading Divergent (it only took me 2 or 3 days to read it), I spent my time thinking about writing. I can't stop obsessing over the 2nd draft of my novel, Beginning of the End. I am super excited about that. I've never been as excited over any of my stories as much as I am this novel. I don't know why--I just am.

There are going to be a lot of changes in the 2nd draft. One of the major changes is that I'm changing it from the past tense into the present tense. A big part of me is really hesitant to do that, because my novel is also in the first person POV--and a lot of novels today (especially dystopian novels, which is what mine is) are in the present  tense and first person. But, I've thought it over and asked a bunch of my friends their opinions, and I'm going to try it. I'll talk about this in another post, too.

Boy oh boy, so much to say, so little time.

That's about all for now. I really want/need to go work on my novel. Have a great week, everyone.

Emily
xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm so glad you are doing much better and I'm looking forward to the review! :) I've heard good things about the book.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is a very good book. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it at first, but now it is definitely a favorite :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts