Easy

8:48 PM



No one ever said it was going to be easy. In fact, the Bible says that there will be challenges while you're serving God. But you know what? It's worth it.

I figure that if God gave me such a passion for something--like Haiti--then there must be a reason for that passion. Because God has a plan for everything.

Everything has a purpose.

Nothing is useless.

Even if you think, "well, lying in front of the TV all day is useless", you're wrong. It will have a bad effect on you. So I wouldn't call that useless; it's just a bad use.

So, if my passion for Haiti is useful--if I believe that God gave me this passion for a reason--then why should I ever have any qualms about it? If God brought me to it, He will bring me through it. It doesn't matter if I'm anxious about going. I have to. I honestly believe that God wants me to go.

For months, I had been praying about the chance to go to Haiti. Then, out of no where, the opportunity came up to go to Haiti with my grandparent's church. I was excited at first. I thought, "There's an answer to my prayer."

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized how terrified I was to go. If you know anything about me, you know that I hate to leave home--I'm a homebody--I'm the girl who got homesick while she was at her best friend's house (which is 20 minutes away). How in the world was I going to leave the country? And it wasn't like I was going to Britain; I was going to Haiti, the poorest country in the western hemisphere--where riots have been going on.

I kept praying about it, though. I searched through my Bible for verses, hoping that God would show me something. It was then that I remembered my theme verse for this year:

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."~2 Timothy 1:7

I rolled it over and over in my mind. If the only reason I'm not going is fear... Then that's not a good enough reason.

More verses popped up. And ya know what? I wasn't scared anymore.  I knew that this trip to Haiti was something I needed to do. Jesus died for me--can't I at least serve Him?

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." ~James 1:27

 "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
    when it is in your power to act.
 Do not say to your neighbor,
    
'Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you'—
    when you already have it with you." ~Proverbs 3:27-28

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~2 Corinthians 12:10


“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”~John 16:33


See, Jesus never told us serving Him would be easy. But it is worth it. So worth it.


 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"~Matthew 25:40


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. *applause* you are so brave and inspiring to me, girl!! I'm so happy for you to get this chance to face your fears and live out your passion!! I'll be praying for you!! <3

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Jamie! I really appreciate the prayers! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts