A Rambling Post

10:09 PM



Summer is coming. Maybe it's no big deal for you. Maybe it is a big deal for you. But whether you love summer or not, I am uncontrollably excited.

Yeah, I love the warm weather, the ice-cream cones, staying outside too late and driving down the road with the windows down. But one of the best things about summer--probably THE best thing--is getting to hang out with my family and friends.

Tonight, I went to a graduation party. And I had a blast. Why? Because one of my best friends is back for college and we had a lot of catching up to do. My friend and I spent the whole night in the crick (or creek, whichever you prefer) catching crayfish. It was some of the most fun that I've had in a long time. Sure, we got kind of wet, and we screamed a few times (because, hey, crayfish can bite), but it was fun. We talked about all sorts of things, and we made plans to do all sorts of fun stuff this summer.

Now that I'm home, and I'm looking back over tonight, I realized how much I love my friend. She is one of the sweetest girls I know. And this summer is going to be amazing because she is home from college.


Maybe this post is rambling. I don't know. If it is, then I apologize. But I'm just so happy because I have the best friends on earth, and I love my family. It's a good day to be alive. I love life. I love the people I share life with. I suppose that's why I love life so much--because of the people I share life with. Either way, I'm content. God has blessed me so much. I hope that I never take my wonderful life for granted.


How have you been lately? What are your plans for the summer?

xoxo, Emily

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so wonderful, I feel so happy for you to have your friend back in town! And I love wadding and catching crawdads when I go camping! That's great fun!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's just something about getting in the water that I love. hehe I think that I could have a lot of fun being a marine biologist! :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts