Ramblings

Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Today feels like a good day to do a rambling post, simply because I haven't done one in a while--and because so much is going on.

It seems like the weather goes back on forth between dreary days and nice days. Yesterday, it actually felt like spring (although it was a little too cold for me). The sun was shining, there were no clouds, the ground was dry... But today it's very grey. I honestly can't wait for summer. I need to move to Hawaii or something.



I started voice lessons a few weeks ago and and I absolutely love them. My teacher is super sweet and I've already learned so much, like how to breath properly, watch the shape of my mouth (there's a specific word for that, but I can't remember it...), and a ton of other stuff. Ah, Music, were would I be without you?

My little sister is turning 10 in a little less than a week. I can't help but wonder where that little baby went--now she's getting tall (going to pass me by soon... I'm 5'2") and is so mature. She is one of the wittiest people I know.

I'm reading Les Mis. It is A.Maz.Ing. One of the best.books.ever. The End.

The music from Les Mis is superb. I like Les Mis more than Phantom of the Opera--oooh yeah, I love Les Mis that much. I'm even singing On My Own for my voice recital ^_^




I got my braces off last month AND passed my driver's test on the first try (I don't think I posted about either of those milestones... hmm). Life is good. It really is.

Season 4 of Downton Abbey doesn't air until September. But I'm trying to keep calm--even though Season 3 ended on a major cliff-hanger. What is BBC trying to do to everybody, I wonder? I mean, we have to wait for Sherlock and Downton Abbey? That's just plain mean.




The 2nd draft of my novel, Beginning of the End, has been started. Am I the only one who wants to cry while writing a second draft? I have always been a firm believer that the 1st draft is the hardest step of writing. But not anymore. I'm not quite sure why the 2nd draft is giving me so much problems. I'm having fun going back and trying to make the plot stronger and giving the characters more depth... But it's still kind of hard...

I'm going to be seventeen in one month. Whoa. That's all I can say: Whoa. I'm supposed to make a birthday list, but I honestly can't really think of anything to put on it, other than the Les Mis movie. None of my favorite bands or singers have any new CDs (that I know of) except for Michael Buble, and his CD doesn't come out until AFTER my birthday :(

I suppose that's it for my ramblings. I could go on forever, really I could, but I won't. Because I don't want to bore you :)

xoxo, Emliy

2 comments:

  1. I like your rambly posts! :)

    I wish we could trade our weather, I'd love more grey days! You could have our sunshine!!

    Yay over your braces and drivers test!!!! I was SO EXCITED when I got my braces off, I chewed gum almost non stop! Lol!

    I really, really need to see Downtown Abbey soon; I'm in the middle of Merlin and Warehouse 13 and The Office and am about to restart with Once Upon a Time, so I don't know how I could start a fifth TV show. I'll have to squeeze it in sooner or later.

    And Happy early Birthday!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes, I'd be fine with the trade! haha. Although, I seem to do my best writing on grey days. So, I need a few grey days every once in a while :D

      I chewed gum nonstop for the first week, too. lol

      Yes, it's always hard to decided what TV shows to watch. I went from Rockford Files to BBC Robin Hood, to Sherlock, to Magnum PI, to Downton Abbey (which is now my favorite show). I have no idea what show to get into while I wait for Sherlock and Downton to come out haha. Just beware of a scene in the first episode of Downton Abbey...

      Thank you!




      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)