All Things Are Possible

8:27 PM


Sometimes I get really fed up with myself. I'm too fearful, I'm too selfish, I worry too much, I could be so much better.

I know that's true. I have problems. We all do.

But I can't just get depressed over that. When I see something wrong with myself, I need to change that. I have to be fearless (which is my one word for this year), I have to be self-sacrificial, I need to trust God.

Don't get me wrong--I don't want to change myself for other people. I want to be myself. But there are things about me that need to change. My goal in life is to be as Christ-like as possible--I want to live for Christ, because He died for me.

Writing things like this is hard, because I don't like to admit I'm wrong. But I honestly feel better. I don't want to be a "fake" person--I can't stand fake people. I'm not perfect--I know that, and I want other people to know that. All I can do is ask God for strength to make me more like Him.

I don't really know what made me think about this. Maybe it's because I realized this past week how amazing God is--and how small I am. But honestly, there is an awesome story behind it :)


I had been praying that God would work a miracle in a certain area for about a month or two. I got to the point where I decided that even though God can do anything, my prayer was probably going to go unanswered. But I can be stubborn sometimes, so I decided to ask my youth group to pray about it.

Only six days after I asked my youth group to pray--the prayer was answered.

And not only was it answered--God answered it above and beyond what I had asked.

God honestly worked a miracle. I was awe-struck. God can do anything, and I know that--but I was reminded how incredibly powerful He is. And not only is God powerful--but He cares about the prayers of a small 16 year-old girl.

After being filled with wonder at how awesome God is, I started to see what I am compared to God. There is absolutely nothing I could have done to make my prayer come true--it was all God. He is so mighty and I am nothing. If God hadn't sent His Son to die on the cross, I would be completely lost. But Jesus saved me. And the story doesn't stop there, because He cares about me. God worked a miracle and did something that I considered impossible. But then, as the Bible says in Matthew 19:26, With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


xoxo, Emily

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Emily, you amaze me. If I can raise Cara to be like you, I will be the happiest Mommy in the world. You will always be my first baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! You have no idea what that means to me! :)

      Delete
  2. There is some guy out there who is going to be the luckiest guy when he gets you Emily! And like Kim said, you always amaze me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww David, that's so sweet! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts