Climbing

7:34 PM


{via}


The older I get, the more I realize how much more I have to learn. Sometimes it depresses me. But I'm accepting that it's just the way things are. I'm never really going to reach the top--no one does. Everyone will always be able to do better. Nobody will ever reach perfection.

And quite honestly, I don't mind so much. Because, wouldn't it be boring if we reached the top? Life is a constant climb up a mountain. If we got to the highest point, then what would be be left for us to do?--Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I can motivate myself by reminding myself that I have so much more that I'm capable of. That is perfectly fine with me.



Probably the best thing about never being able to reach the top, though, is that you have no limits. There is nothing holding you back from being better. There is nothing keeping you back, nothing saying, "you can't go any further." There are no limits.

So I will never stop climbing as high as I possibly can in my life. I will train myself to never be content with where I am.


I may never reach the top.

But I have no limits, either.

And that is amazing.

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." ~ Philippians 3:12 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great perspective! Keep looking at life that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! I feel bad for not accomplishing seemingly as much as others but it helps to remember that no one is perfect either. :) I know I can achieve great things if I put my mind into it.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean. It always helps me to remember that no one is ever perfect, and we can't judge our success by other people's success. Does that make sense? haha :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts