Someone I Don't Know

5:48 PM


It's funny how much you can love someone without even knowing them. I don't know who my cousin is yet, but I love her. I know that she is going to be a beautiful little girl who will make me laugh. I know that I'm going to fall in love with the way she feels when I hold her in my arms. I'm going to love her laugh and her smile and the way she'll hold onto my hand. I'm going to love the way she says my name. I'll want to be with her all the time. I'll spoil her.


How do I know this? Because I already love her. I might not have any idea who she is, or will grow up to be, but I love her. I'm waiting for her. And waiting makes everything dearer--but nothing worth having ever comes easy.


It's hard to understand how I can love someone I don't know yet. I might not ever know. But that's okay. All I really know is that I love my cousin now, I'll love her tomorrow, and I'll love her forever after. My love is only going to keep growing.


So until I have my cousin here with me, I keep praying for her. I think about how I'll sing to her, dance with her, tell her stories. I'll run through the sprinkler with her, take her for walks, push her in a stroller when she gets tired. I'll wipe her tears and kiss her boo-boos, make funny faces and play peek-a-boo until she laughs. I'm going to tell her how incredibly much I love her. And it still won't be enough.


I love her, though. And I always will. I'm waiting for my little cousin Cara. With so much love.


{my aunt is currently in the process of adopting my future-cousin from Haiti}

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Are you trying to make me cry? lol Thank you for loving her as much as I do. She is going to adore her Emmie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Sorry :) And you're welcome.

      Delete
  2. I awarded you at my blog!!! :) Here's the link! http://throughtwoblueeyes.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/shine-on-award/

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts