moments

4:31 PM


I love life. The more life goes on, the more I realize just how much I love it. I love the beauty of life--seeing the golden sunlight falling on the ground, the baby blue sky, feeling the fresh air enter my lungs, breathing in & out.  I love to laugh, love to be with people and share moments with them. Sometimes I wish things were different--but the more I think about it, I discover that my life is nearly perfect. Some people say that it's impossible to have a perfect life--"no one's life is perfect." Well, I think mine is. Or pretty close to it. The fact is, my life is perfect for me. And I love it.


Sometimes I worry about the future though, or get caught up in memories from the past. I forget to live in the moment. Don't get me wrong, I think that it's good to remember certain things--and it's definitely good to think about what is in the future. But I don't ever want to look back to find out that I missed out on good times, just because I worrying about something that was out of my control. I want to live in the moment and savor it--because every moment is unique gift from God. And there will never be another one exactly like it. 


I want to grasp every second and burn it into my memory--I want to remember the way my little cousins laugh, the way my brother, sister and I dance around the house singing every song we know until we drive ourselves crazy. I want to remember the way my friends and I throw each other in the pool, the way we crack up at inside jokes. When I'm old and looking back, I want to be able to say, "Yes, those were good days. And I enjoyed every.single.second of them." I don't want to let a moment pass by.


So that's what I want to do this year. I want to live in the moment and hold on to it for as long as possible. I want to enjoy every day because it's a gift. I honestly don't think that I'll regret it.








Source: bbc.com via Emily on Pinterest








xoxo, Emily

p.s. I'm working on re-designing my blog so.... if things look really messed up & crazy... that's why :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow Emily, I feel so wonderful to have found this blog. What a beautifully written post and what an inspiring blog!

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts