Fear? I Don't Think So

10:04 PM


This year, my goal is to not let fear keep me from doing something.

Fear is something I've struggled with before. I don't like to admit it. I like to believe that I'm fearless.

But I'm not.

Too many times, I have passed things up simply because I was scared. Scared of all sorts of things. It doesn't really matter why I was scared. But I let that fear keep me back. And that's what bothers me.

Pretty much everyone knows the quote, "You have nothing to fear but fear itself." I've always thought, Yeah, sure. Cute saying. Whatever. But no matter how over-used it sounds--it's actually something that I need to keep in the front of my mind. At all times. If I let fear control me... Then I'm in for a rough life.

Whenever I look back at the times that I let my fear keep me from something, I feel ashamed. And disappointed. Because who knows what amazing things I missed out on? I don't know, and never will. There are a million what-if's that I can't answer because of my stupid fear.


So this year, I've decided that I was going to push myself. I have already--with some support from my family and friends (which I honestly appreciate). And guess what? The things that I was scared to do, but did anyway? They turned out to be okay. I'm obviously not dead. It just goes to prove that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Even tonight, I tried something that I was pretty much terrified to do--and I actually kind of... Liked it. But even better, I know that it made me a stronger person. And that is worth so much.

{photos via}



My original word for 2013 was going to be "authentic"--because I don't want to pretend to be someone I'm not. But I think that I'm going to change my word.

My new word for 2013 is--

Fearless.

xoxo, Emily


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts