The NaNo Craze

7:03 PM


It seems like I've been off the blogsphere for ages. I guess that I have, thanks to NaNo.

The first week, things went pretty rough. My novel gave me lots of trouble, and my characters decided be stubborn in just about every way imaginable. But this week has been better. I stayed up past midnight a few times and finally boosted my word count up--I'm still behind, but not as badly as before.

So, since I'm still in writing mode, I thought that I'd raid the Beautiful People archives and work on some character development for my main character, Brynn (in case you didn't know, my NaNo novel is actually the sequel to my last novel, Beginning of the End--which I finished last month! Yay!) Anyway... Without further delay, here's a little bit about my character,






Brynn Mason


What is their biggest accomplishment? 
 Brynn feels like every act of defiance against the Government is a huge accomplishment--there isn't any single moment that she considers more spectacular than the others.



What is one of their strongest childhood memories?
The day when her best friend's father was killed.

What is their favorite food?
Brynn adores anything with coffee in it. Especially if there's chocolate in the coffee.

Do they believe in love at first sight?

No. Brynn scorns people who believe in love at first sight.

What kind of home do they live in?

Brynn lives on the second floor of a two story house. The first floor is the Headquarters for the Rebel leaders, and sometimes Brynn has a hard time falling asleep because of all the noise below. Home life isn't much of a life. Brynn's older cousins and guardians, Erik and Vince, are never around--and when they are, it isn't for very long.

What do they like to wear?

Light brown leggings, boots, a green tank-top and a black leather jacket. Brynn usually ties her hair up in a knot on her hand, to keep it out of the way.

What would they do if they discov
ered they were dying?
Considering that Brynn is a soldier, and faces the possibility of dying everyday, she probably wouldn't do a whole lot differently. Except maybe go into the Government an attempt to assassinate the Dictator.

What kind of holidays, or traditions do they celebrate?
The most celebrated holiday in the Rebel camp is Independence Day. Every July 4th, Brynn joins her brothers-in-arms to remember their country's independence--and what they're really fighting for. Other than that, the only traditions that Brynn practices are little things that only she and Riley value--like going hunting, or sharing a cotton-candy every 4th of July.

What do your other characters have to say about them?

People only ever have good things to say about Brynn--mostly because they tend to overlook her faults. The only person who says anything critical or judgmental of Brynn is her cousin, Erik.


If they could change one thing in their world, what would it be?
The Government. If the Government wasn't so corrupt, then all of Brynn's problems would disappear--she might even have both of her parents with her. All of the horror in Brynn's life is due to the Government, and she would give anything to change it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you doing NaNoWriMo? How's your novel going?



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I just did a NaNo update myself! How funny!

    Anyway, it's so encouraging to see someone who is serious about their book this year and is actually putting long hours into it! There are so many girls this year who seem to have lost their passion to really accomplish the challenge this year and are spending the time complaining about it instead. Keep up the hard work, it's going to be so worth it at the end!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is going to be so worth it in the end! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts