The "Post-Climax Stupor"

Monday, October 1, 2012


Picture this: you have just finished writing the climax of your novel. Your character faces a big problem, and your novel is getting really exciting. You take a deep breath, and prepare to write the next chapter.

Then you realize--you have no idea what to do next. So, you stare at the blank page before you, in a sort of daze, scratching your head and near tears. How in the world can you solve the problems in your story and keep your readers reading?

                                                     Source: mbawritersblock.com via Emily on Pinterest


This is what I call the "Post-Climax Stupor."

Not only am I dealing with the "post-climax stupor"--I just realized that November is a month away. And that means that NaNoWriMo is a month away. Is that crazy or what?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are ups and downs in writing--and I'm down right now. Things will get better, though, as long as I don't quit.

So please excuse me if I don't post like crazy--my goal is to finish my novel before November. *insert deep breath* It's not going to be easy--but I'm excited. Because after I finish this novel, I can start on the sequel :)

Have you ever experienced post-climax stupor?

2 comments:

  1. I have this problem too, normally because I'm not able to write the climax the way I picture it, so it all comes out different.

    I'm so excited for NaNo too; can't wait to dive into my book. I need to finish the last of my schooling and I'll get to spend the rest of October world building!!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's very rare that my writing turns out the way I pictured it :p

      October is always busy, just because I'm getting ready for NaNo--sometimes I wonder if October is actually busier than NaNo itself :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)