Writing Challenge~Day 2

3:03 PM


The Challenge: Character Interview


I'm interviewing my main character, Brynn Mason, today :)











1. What is your full name? What does it mean?
My name is Brynn Delaney Mason. Brynn means "honor", and Delaney means "challenger". I think that I live up to both my names pretty well.

2. What do you want most out of life, Brynn?
I want to prove myself to others; I want everyone to see all that I'm capable of  (which is a lot). I live for respect.

3. If you had the chance to change ONE thing in your past, what would it be?
I would change being an orphan. Sure, my cousins are great and all, but I want a real family--a mom, a dad, and brothers and sisters. I would never tell any of my friends, though; in my eyes, to show emotion is weakness.

4. What is your family life like?
The only family I have are my two cousins, Vince and Erik. Erik is the Rebel leader, so I never really see him--unless he wants to yell at me for some reason. Vince, or the other hand, would do anything for me. He's the second most important person in camp--and yet he tells everyone that I come first. Vince doesn't feel like a cousin at all. He's a brother to me.

5. What three words describe you best?
Determined. Talented. Motivated.

6. Give a brief summary of your past:
I was orphaned when I was only a baby. My two cousins took me in and taught me everything they knew--about fighting, that is. The only life I've ever known is the life of a soldier, and honestly, I'm starting to get tired of it. My whole life, I've been surrounded by death and war. And that's bound to screw a kid up. I'm sure that I'd be a very different person if I had grown up somewhere other than the Rebel camp.

7. What is your view on life?
I think life could be amazing, it it weren't for the people who are out to destroy me. Life is so twisted that right now, I don't care anything for life at all. All I see is a bleak past, and an even bleaker future. If my life were different, maybe I would be in love with life. But I can't be, right now. Not when there is death everywhere that I turn.

8. If you had the chance to give your life to save someone else, would you?
Yes--I'm a soldier, I get the chance to do sacrifice myself everyday. Of course, there are some people that I would be more reluctant to give my life for... I could name one right now... But I don't want to cause trouble in the ranks of the Rebels...

9. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take THREE things with you, what would they be?
A bow, a knife, and some way to purify water. I'm not worried about getting food--I'm an amazing hunter. Water is my only concern.

10. How do you view yourself?
I'm just about the best fighter the Rebel's have--it's not bragging, I'm just acknowledging a gift. Sometimes I get fed up with myself (so does my best friend). I love deeply, and I think that's a real problem--if I get too attached or show any emotion, my enemies can use that against me. I hate feeling vulnerable. So... I guess I have a love-hate relationship with myself. 

~~~~~~~~~


The challenge for tomorrow is a little easier: Put together a soundtrack for your novel/writing project. What music help sets the mood for your novel? What theme songs would your character(s) have?

Oh, and a shout-out to my amazing momma--it's her birthday today. Love you, Momma!! :)



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, your character has it rough, especially being a soldier. She's interesting in that confidence and determination just flow out of her. At the same time, I can see some of her pride tripping her up too. :D Good post!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, her pride does trip her up a lot :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts