Writing Challenge~Day 1

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 1 of the Writing Challenge--yay!!


The Challenge--Talk about your current work.


Beginning of the End is told from the point of view of Brynn Mason, the daughter of the murdered Rebel leader. Brynn's two cousins become her guardians, though they don't really have any time for Brynn, because of the rebellion. 

Brynn grows bitter over the years, because the Government killed her parents and took away the life she "should have" had. She is also an amazing fighter, and joins a special fighting force, called the Kearney (think Navy SEAL), to take out her anger on the Government soldiers (and by the way, Kearney is an Irish name that means "warrior").

Her life changes dramatically when it's discovered that there is a spy in camp. Brynn is faced with the realization that one of her closest friends is selling her out--and that means that once they're caught, they will be executed. Brynn feels no compassion for the spy, though, and determines to catch the spy and personally see to their punishment--no matter who it is.

~~~~~~~~~

I'm pretty excited with this story. The plot keeps taking sharp turns and twists--it's nothing like I had originally planned. So far, I have 51, 736 words--my goal was 60,000 words, but I think I'm going to go higher than that... At this rate, I'll be able to start on the next book in the series soon :D

Here's the Challenge for tomorrow: Interview You Main Character (these are always fun!!)

The Questions (or you can make up your own):
1. What is your full name? What does it mean?
2. What do you want most out of life?
3. If you had the chance to change ONE thing in your past, what would it be?
4. What is your family life like?
5. What three words describe you best?
6. Give a brief summary of your past:
7. What is your view on life?
8. If you had the chance to give your life to save someone else, would you?
9. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take THREE things with you, what would they be?
10. How do you view yourself?


Don't forget to link up!!



4 comments:

  1. I just posted mine! Here's the link if you haven't seen it.

    http://throughtwoblueeyes.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/1-week-writing-challenge-with-the-climb/

    I LOVE the idea for tomorrow, this is something I actually need to do for the main character Penny. She's a complicated, very hurt character that's partly based on my own recent struggles, so it will be interesting to see what I can come up with for her. :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I love how we both just checked each other's blogs at the same time :p

      I love complicated characters! They're so interesting! I can't wait to read your character interview :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to actually read this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I would really like your input, Aunt Kim!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)