Where Were You??

6:05 PM

 

 
 
 

 
I was in kindergarten (my mom didn't start homeschooling me till second grade). My teacher was watching something on the classroom's small black & white tv--the screenshot was of some building on fire. None of us kids knew why the teacher was crying. It was all very confusing.
 
Years later, I realized what had happened. There had been a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.
 
9/11 is my generation's Pearl Harbor--except somewhat worse, because the attack wasn't on a military base--it was on civilians.
 
I'm proud to be an American. And I get teared up every 9/11. And I wear a shirt that says, "Red, White, Blue." To quote Peeta in THG--I don't want to forget. But I don't have to worry--I never will forget. Not even if I try.
 
 
 
Where were you?
 
 
 
 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts