When I'm With You

Thursday, August 2, 2012





{I'm Only Me When I'm with You--Taylor Swift}



So, my neighborhood has quite a few kids in it, from ages 16 to 6.
 Growing up was a blast. 

Pardon the blurry picture. I took it when I was only 9 or 10 :p



We were crazy.  Probably too crazy. 
But I loved every second of it. 


I think it's safe to say that I had the best childhood ever. And quite honestly...
I'm having the best teens years, too. I have so many memories locked up in this heart of mine.



Memories of screaming kids running around the yard, climbing tress, catching fireflies,
and pushing our way through briars.


And that one summer when someone adopted a kitten. And their mom made them take it back.


We spent a lot of time at our homemade baseball field. 
And in the pool.


And playing football. I still remember that one game where everyone formed a huge dog-pile...



I remember the summer we had a million picnics back at our campsite--and how beautiful the setting sun reflected on the water.


If I had one wish, I think it might be to go back for a day. Because things will never be the same.
The world will never be as simple as it was six years ago. 
All I have is memories.


But memories are worth so much. I would be lost without them. 
And honestly... While I may miss the "old days"....
I'm really lovin' who all of us crazy kids are growing up to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)