Ramblings

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


My family started school this week. I'm still not exactly sure how summer flew by so fast... But--I'll let you in on a little secret--I don't really mind starting school again. Sure, I would love to be outside with all my friends, but I really like school (math can drop off the face of the planet, for all I care, but the rest of school is okay). I actually get a little bored over Christmas break. It's just that I love to learn. Am I the only one who feels like this? 

So... Junior year.... Bring it on.


Somehow or other, I've gotten into a writing slump. I partially blame this on Downton Abbey--how can I write a dystopic novel when my head is stuck way back in the Victorian era? It's kind of hard, let me tell you. I'll just have to pry my mind away from my wonderful show and force myself to focus on writing--after all, I told myself that I would be finished with my novel by August...Well, it's almost September. And my book still isn't done. If it isn't done by November, I'm going to be very disappointed in myself.





I have no idea what I would do without my tea. Or my coffee. But especially my tea. It's becoming a natural way of life to have tea with breakfast, in the afternoon while I read, and then again after dinner. I love it oh so much. (Guess what book I'm reading? ;))







Today has been wonderful, musically speaking. I finished a song that I started working on a while ago. At first, I wasn't too sure how I felt about it, but (at the moment at least) it's grown on me. Hopefully, I won't hate it tomorrow. I have this bad habit of thinking things wonderful right after I write them--but then I come back and wonder, "how could I ever write this monstrosity?"


And now my ramblings come to an end. I'll leave you with my latest amateur Photoshop creation. What else would it be but a picture of Downton, with some of my favorite quotes? :D

Just right-click and save :) 







2 comments:

  1. Are you reading The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde? I LOOOOVE that book, before I read Dracula, it was my favorite piece of fiction! That and Treasure Island (Robert Louis Stevenson in general is pretty awesome!)

    LOL I feel like the only person on earth who hasn't seen Downtown Abbey. All my girl friends from church adore it. :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am reading Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. So far, I don't like it as much as Dracula--but then I'm only on chapter 3 :D

      Yes, yes, yes. Downton Abbey is amazing. It's a must-watch.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)