Like a Thief in the Night

3:54 PM


Today in my devotions, I was reading about when the LORD comes back. It's always a sobering thought, because I realize that there are so many people who need to hear the Gospel.

   Time is running out. We don't know when Jesus will come back. 

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The thought that the LORD could come back at any time always fills me with excitement. Because I can't wait to look at Jesus, who gave His life for me. How could someone love a sinner like me so much?

But I always feel extremely motivated. I come in contact with so many people--and yet, I rarely reach out to them, and tell them that  Jesus died for them. I need to to step out of my comfort zone. I need to reach out.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ....

What are the reasons for my silence? It could be that I'm worried about what people will think. How many times have I asked myself, "But what if I offend people by asking them if they're a Christian? What if I ask my friends if they're saved, and they get mad?" I just have to keep telling myself, though, that hopefully my friends will realize that I just want to make sure that they're saved--because I love them enough that I don't want them to go to hell.

Titus 2:13
While we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ....

In my devotions, it talked about how we need to live in the light of the LORD's returning--meaning that we need to live like the LORD will come back each minute--because He could. That really spoke to me because, yes, I believe that Jesus is coming back; but I don't exactly live like it could be at any time. I want to live every moment like it's my last on earth.

That means that I need talk about Jesus every chance I get. I need to constantly be praying for my unsaved family and friends. I need to talk to them. Because I don't want to fail in life--and I consider myself a failure if I don't reach my family and friends with the Gospel.

Think about it. How many people in your life do you need to talk to about Jesus?  Because He could come back any second.







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is a really good reminder. It's so easy for me to get caught up in day to day life and forget what I'm even here for.
    And when you talked about stepping out of your comfort zone... YES! I realized that sometimes it's just selfish of me to remain in my personal bubble while other people are 'aching' to be loved... if that makes sense :)
    lovely post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it makes sense :) Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts