Growing Up=Cleaning your Room

4:47 PM

Wishing I hadn't eaten those delicious truffles so quickly...


Enjoying sunny days at my window....

Finding a place to keep my CDs....

My camera, Tina...

I've been loving life...






I spent Thursday, Friday, and today cleaning my room. And--I don't mind saying--it looks beautiful. I have come to the conclusion that I have too much stuff, though. And what is that "stuff"? Just what I said it was-- "stuff". Endless amounts of papers with any and every random musing scratched on it in my atrocious handwriting (which is getting better, by the way!!), drawings... and anything else you can name. Of course, amidst all the organizing and purging, I had my earphones glued onto my head, thinking over Robin Hood and how a certain character wasn't really bad, just misunderstood, and for goodness sakes! what was wrong with those people in the last episode?!

Looking through all my old....clutter...has really showed me a lot about myself. I couldn't help laughing at my silly notions and personality--oh goodness... hopefully I've changed. I found little scraps of stories and poems I had written--I assure you, you will never see any of those! Reading over them made me cringe and die of laughter at the same time. Could I really have thought them good? Especially those poems... Puh-leeze, I don't even want to think about them....

But, it's given me some entertainment, looking back on my wilder days (LOL). And ya know what? I think I've matured. I think that I've actually matured. Oh, I know, I've got a loooong way to go, don't get me wrong. I'm still a silly, immature girl who still has strange ideas, a scary imagination, and OCD. But I've grown up a little; and--thankfully!!!--my writing has, too (and that isn't being conceited, because I'm comparing my writing now to my writing back  then.)

Sure, there are going to be days ahead where I'll look back at today and think, "Oh goodness... Did I really write that? Was that seriously how my mind worked? I really came up with that idea? Someone shoot me now." That's all part of growing up, though. And while it's a little bit scary... It's amazing, too. I look back now on my life and think, "Ahh, so that's how that worked out." God really does have a plan for our lives.

Growing up is like cleaning our rooms. It's usually a mess in some way or the other, and as we go through our lives, we have to sort things out. We have to decide what to keep, and what to throw away--in short, what's really important. And how we clean determines what the finished look will be.

So how do I feel about this? I'm just going to live my Grand Adventure of Life one day at a time. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is found in James.

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:13-14

Enjoy life while you have it. And remember to clean your room once and a while, too.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Awesome Emily. This is a great comparison. Since I have been moving stuff to my house I have found things I haven't seen in a very long time. I get a laugh and a smile out of those things! :-)

    By the way, this is a very mature blog post! You are a very great girl! Any guy would be very lucky to have you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and that's what I do, live one day at a time. In fact that is my blog title!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you!!! haha, yes, I know that is your blog title :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts