Pirates: The Best of the Best

Monday, January 30, 2012

Characters make or break a movie [or in this case, movies].
Here are some characters I love.




Jack Sparrow. Captain Jack is by far the best thing in POTC [Pirates of the Carribbean]. He totally makes the movie. He's funny, which is awesome--who doesn't like funny people? I do. He knows how to talk his way in and out of things.
"Did anyone see me do that, 'cuz I will not be doin' it again."
He is, "the best pirate I've ever seen."









Will Turner. I don't know a single girl who doesn't like Will... *cough* Anway, I abosolutely love Will in the first movie! The way he treats Elizabeth is so sweet. And he has some funny lines, too. But for the most part... He's just sweet :)
"I should've told you everyday since the moment I met you. I love you."
I was beyong squealing at that ^ point--I had sighed and fainted in raputre of how extremely sweet that was.








Elizabeth Swan. She's amazing. Elizabeth is brave, and is completely epic out in a battle. But she also knows how to be feminine. The fact that she isn't scared to stand up for what she believes in (like, not wanting to see Jack killed after he rescued her) is definitely a quality that I admire.
"Bloody pirates."
She's funny, too.

 



Captain Norrington. I felt so bad for Captain Norrington at the end of Curse of the Black Pearl. The fact that he took it so well even made it worse. I never really liked him. But he's cool. As a pirate and as a guy in the Royal Navy.
"He is by far the worst pirate I've ever seen."
Captain Norrington is cool and he's a gentleman.





Phillip. He wasn't a big part in the movie, but I loved Phillip. He was a true gentleman. The way he treated Syrena was sooo kind. And he stood up to Blackbeard [if my memory is right] when Blackbeard fried the one guy [literally]. Phillip is awesome.








Now--maybe you're wondering why Angelica isn't on here. Well... I'm not sure if I like her yet or not.
So... yeah, that's why. I'll have to wait until the next movie comes out :)


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all these movies as well. And I agree with you about Angelica. You cant really tell who she was for... I really enjoyed Phillip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillip was amazing. And I remember when one of my friends saw the movie for the first time, she asked me whether Angelica was a good guy or bad guy. It's just kinda hard to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. But I think she wanted to have a father like they depicted in the movie no matter who he really was. I think she will get over it. And there is going to be a 5th film. But I guess it will have nothing to do with the rest of the films (like a sequel). Johnny Depp will still be Jack Sparrow. Lets face it, it wouldn't be the same with out him. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree with that. And Pirates would just not be Pirates without Jack Sparrow. He's the best part of the whole movie.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)