Live It Up

6:11 PM

This is the last week of freedom. The last week of summer. School starts next week. Kids will be too busy with homework to come swimming at dusk; the baseball field will be laying neglected in the dusty heat; the cornfield will miss the sound of laughter drifting through the wind.

Summer, I will miss you.

I want to live it up this week. I want to lay in the grass finding pictures in the clouds. I want to run through the cornfield, tripping and laughing. I want to go swimming until 9 at night. I want to just hang out; play volleyball, baseball, kickball, whiffleball. Just sit outside and be bored. Sit at my open window with just me and the night.                                                              














This summer has been awesome. I've done a lot. I've learned a lot. I had a lot of fun. And this week has to be the best week ever. I want it to be. I want to look back at this week on Monday and say, "Yep. I'm ready for school cuz I had a great last week." The only problem I see with this plan is that it will make me miss summer more...


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts