Breakaway

Monday, August 15, 2011



Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down,
I'd just stare out my window.
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy,
I would pray.


Tryin' hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out,
Felt like no one could hear me.
Wanted to belong here,
But something felt so wrong here,
So I'd pray
I could break away.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes,
Till I touch the sky
And I'll
Make a wish,
Take a chance,
Make a change
And breakaway.
Out of the darkness and into the sun,
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll
Take a risk,
Take a chance,
Make a change,
And breakaway.



Wanna feel the warm breeze,
Sleep under a palm tree,
Feel the rush of the ocean.
Get onboard a fast train,
Travel on a jet plane,
Far away.
And breakaway.


I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes
Till I touch the sky.
And I'll
Make a wish,
Take a chance,
Make a change ,
And breakaway.
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I gotta
Take a risk,
Take a chance,
Make a change,
And breakaway.


Buildings with a hundred floors
Swingin' with revolvin' doors.
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me.
Gotta keep movin' on
Movin' on.
Fly away
Breakaway.


I'll spread my wings and I'l learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes
Till I touch the sky.
I'll make a wish,
Take a chance,
Make a change,
And breakaway.
Out of the darkness and into the sun,
But I won't forget
The place I come from
I'll take risk,
Take a chance,
Make a change,
And breakaway.

~Breakaway (by Kelly Clarkson)



                                                                                           




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)