The Peaceful Crazy Days.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Well well well, isn't the time flying? The craziness has only picked up since my last post, but I'm coping. Or trying to : ) I've had so many blessings this summer. My cousin is going to be having another baby, I've been able to spend time with my family and friends, my music is coming along really well....and I feel like I've come closer to my Savior. So for me, this summer has been completely awesome.

As far as music goes, I've got a head full of songs waiting to be written--and not enough time to write them in! I'm pretty much absolutely done with one of them (which is very exciting!) and last night as I was dozing off to sleep I got an idea for another one. Late night songs are the best :) I guess until this summer, I never realized how important music was to me. It's one of those things that I don't want to live without.

My friends and family are the most important things in the world to me. They are so much more important than--well, everything, next to God. And this summer I feel so close to my family. It just keeps getting better.

Novel-writing this summer has been a little disappointing. I'm ashamed to say it, but it's true. I've been so wrapped up in having a great summer, spending time with friends, playing volleyball, and music that my novel has sort of slipped away. And talk about daydreaming! I've probably done more daydreaming this summer than ever! Actually, come to think about it, no. I daydream a lot all the time.

That's all I have time for. It's almost supper time and I've got chores to do. After that, we'll probably go outside and swim some more, then we'll come in pretty late and I'll go downstairs and work on my new songs. Have a grrrrrreat day!

1 comment:

  1. You deserve to enjoy your summer so don't beat yourself up for slacking on your writing a bit. Every day that you enjoy life becomes material for future work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)