A Great Summer? I Think So.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

This week is VBS. I can't say that I'm not excited, but I can't say that I am. I've got mixed feelings; it's really hot, I'm tired, school is kind of starting next week, and I've got a ton of songs that I have to finish. But I got two things off my bucket list this summer, so I guess it isn't that bad : )

Our theme for VBS this year is cars--right up my alley! It's sad that they just came out with this, because I would've enjoyed this a lot when I was little. My family has always been into cars, and I guess it rubbed off. I am excited for the racing theme, I can tell you that! Next year they need a ford truck theme! : ))))

As my summer draws to a close, I've been trying to think what the highlights of my summer have been. Well, I've got stuff off my bucket list, like I already said; I have spent a lot of time with family; but they biggest thing that happened to me this summer was that I became closer to my Savior.

I feel happier than I have in a long time. I feel a zeal for God that I haven't known before--and it's awesome. I've come across so many verses that get me all excited when I read them. One morning, as I was reading in Psalms, I came across a verse that said that God will never slumber. I was so excited! I looked through all my contacts in my phone to see who I could text this verse to--no one was available, of course. But it was still an amazing feeling. And every time I sing the song In Christ Alone, I am left in awe of everything that God has done for me. He sent His Son to die on the cross; and Jesus could've called a thousand angles to His side--but He stayed on that cross because He loved me, and wanted me and everyone else in this world to come to live with Him in Heaven one day. I can't wait!!

I can't believe how much that God has given me. I've got a wonderful family who loves me and has raised me in a Christian home; I've got great friends that are actually friends; I live in a beautiful state; and I go to a wonderful church where they preach the truth.

My one word for 2011 was Purpose. I wanted to remember that I had a purpose here on earth. Now, that word means so much more. I want to live set-apart; I want to live the way God wants me to live; I want to be a girl on a mission--the mission of reaching lost souls, who are on their way to hell. I can't think of too many things that I want as much as to hear people say that they saw Jesus in me. Isn't that the ultimate compliment?! If someone said that to me, I would probably burst into tears of joy--because that is one of my biggest goals: to live in such a way, that people would be pointed right to Christ. I want my life to have a purpose.

Maybe this summer wasn't the best as far as getting things done. Maybe you're saying, "So she got a few things off her bucket list--what kind of summer is that?" Well, maybe this wasn't an amazing summer by the world's standards; but this has been the most productive, powerful, amazing, summer spiritually. I have grown so much closer to God. And that makes this one of the best summers--if not the best--ever.



Please note: If you ever want to talk about God, just drop me a line! And if you have never been saved, or don't know, please don't hesitate to call me or text me.You never know when the LORD will return. Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)