Dark Heroes

11:57 AM

I've been thinking. My heroes seem to have a dark side to them. They're not evil...just dark. And I like them that way. I can't stand perfect heroes. Nobody is perfect. I know I'm not. Maybe that's why perfect heroes get on my nerves. I'm more of a "dark-hero" person. A perfect example is Anakin Skywalker.


Hayden Christenson as Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode IIIOne of my best friends and my sister and I absolutely love Anakin. True he turns bad (we cheer for someone else then). But he's the perfect example of a dark hero. He's the hero. He defeats evil (until he joins it), he's skilled, he's smart...but he definitely has some problems. After his mother is killed, he slaughters all of the animal-like people who kidnapped and killed his mother. He does anything to save his wife (which is absolutely sweet!)--including turning to the dark side (which wasn't to smart). He is obviously arrogant--Obi-Wan said so--but he has the skills to match it. He loves deeply--but he handles things the wrong way sometimes.













So yeah, there are perfect heroes and dark heroes. I fall for the dark heroes. Humans have faults. How can I cheer for a hero who doesn't seem human because he's perfect? My heroes are turning out to be dark. And I think that they're pretty cool. I love Anakin. Even when he's Darth Vadar he's kind of cool. What do you think?


(part two)

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Just make sure that when you pick your husband, you stay away from the dark heroes - they don't make good husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to disagree, Em, but I don't think Anakin is a hero at all. He is an example of someone who let sin have control over his life. When he avenged his mother, he did so out of rage and hurt. He lost all self-control. In regards to his wife, he was being totally self-centered. In turning to the dark side, he killed MANY in order to accomplish HIS desires. As Christians, we need to consider whether our heroes conform to the likeness of Christ. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but this might be something for you to chew on.
    Love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of something else. Yes, he loves deeply; himself and his desires most of all. His love for others is shallow.
    -MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Kim: I won't.

    Mom: I kind of agree. He wasn't a hero in the third one when he turns bad. I think that he was a hero in the second movie. Even heroes do bad things and make mistakes because we're all humans. The only person who is truly a hero is God. But I still think that he is a hero in some respects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love anakin in episodes 1+2. I think in my very, very, humble, humble opinion that one of anakin's main problems was that he was so afraid of losing the ones he loved that he started to become willing to do anything, even wrong things, to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that was his problem. There's a verse in the Bible that says that there is no fear in love. He felt very deeply about things and that was his downfall. Thanks for gettin' on :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts