This World Is Not My Home--I'm just Passing Through!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

According to a few people, the world should be ending on Saturday. I don't believe them, personally. The Bible says that no one knows when Jesus will come back. But this whole "end of the world" thing got me to thinking. Am I ready?

I am ready. I know that when Jesus comes back, I will go to Heaven; I won't be left behind. There was a time in my life when I realized that I was a sinner, and that there was absolutely no way that I could get to Heaven on my own. So, I asked Jesus to save me. I believe that He died on the cross for my sins, and rose again. I believe that Christ is coming back again. I know that I am ready. 




This world is not my home I'm just passing through
my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore
O Lord you know I have no friend like you
if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?
the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore
They're all expecting me and that's one thing I know
my savior pardoned me and now I onward go
I know He'll take me through though I am weak and poor
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore
O Lord you know I have no friend like you
if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?
the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Just up in Glory Land we'll live eternally
the Saints on every hand are shouting victory
their song of sweetest praise drifts back from Heaven's shore
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore
O Lord you know I have no friend like you
if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?
the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
The girls were singing that on our way home from our last youth activity. I was never really crazy about that song, but I am now. I totally understand it. But can you sing that song honestly? Is Heaven going to be your eternal home? If the world does end on Saturday, I'm going to Heaven, my real home.Where are you going? If you're going to Heaven, where are your family and friends going? Even if you think they're saved, ask them--I'm sure that they will be thrilled to know that you care about them. What happens when we're dead isn't so personal that we shouldn't talk to people about it. Christians are called to spread the Word.

So pretend that the world is going to end on Saturday--or tomorrow; the world could end tonight, even. Are you ready? Text me, call me, e-mail me--just get in contact--and tell me what you think. If you don't think you're saved, or don't know, don't let another minute pass by. Get a new home--one that will last forever and has roads paved with gold. God has gone to prepare a place for me--
                                                                 what about you?

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)