Random Musings...

3:10 PM

Yesterday, I had an awesome day with my youth group. Our activity was Mystery Destination, where we (nine of the teens in the youth group) got into a van with our youth pastor, his son, and two chaperones--and we didn't know where we were going (hence the name). Our main destination turned out to be a train museum/yard. Some highlights were trying to beat the other teens into an elevator--and the guys pressing ten different buttons at once--and a train ride. Plus, we would wait around corners to jump out and scare each other. Then, it was back to the van for the ride home (with ice-cream!). All four girls sang all sorts of songs (including The Chicken Song) on the way back. It was pretty fun : )

I keep seeing things from my past. I remember these things so vividly. Things from my childhood. I know, I'm *fifteen* but I find that I've been reminiscing. Why can't things be the same as they used to be? People grow up, move away...and all that's left are ghosts. Like in Toy Story 3, I picture my old toys as sitting on a shelf or toy box, wondering when I'm going to come and play with them. So many times I feel like things are stuck in fast forward. Then I come to my favorite verse,

Go to now, ye that say, today or tomorrow we will go into such a city and buy and sell and get gain and continue there a year. Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is as a vapor, which appeareth for a little time and then vanisheth away.

                                                                                                        ~ James 4:13-14

When I was twelve, I kept wishing that life would hurry up and get a move on. Now--only three years later--life is going too fast. True, anyone who knows me that I am all too eager to drive and get a car : ) But I wish life would slow down. I can't believe that I am actually going to be sixteen next year. And even harder to believe is the fact that I'm going to be graduating in about four years; it sends shivers down my spine.

There are so many things that I wish I could relive. Games we played...We were so crazy and insane. But that was the best part. If we wouldn't of been crazy kids, we probably wouldn't of had so much fun. We did have a ton of fun, though, and I wouldn't trade those days for a pot of gold. Because they were awesome.


Make a wish,
Count to three,
Relive all those precious memories.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts