~Covers~

2:02 PM

Well, I did something that I've always felt strongly against. I made a outline of Rebel Yell (which may be getting  a new title). I pretty much knew where the book was going to go--is going to go, I should say--but I still wanted to have everything mapped out. It made me feel in control--as an older child, I guess I like that ; )



Anyway, the outline has really helped me. I feel like I'm getting to know the characters better, and the story just keeps rolling right along. Today I'm going to write about a really important part in the book. After that it's all uphill--the climax will soon be following. Then, I have to solve everybody's problem, end the Civil War, and then...I'll be done! If only it took as short a time it did to finish the book as to tell you....




Above is an idea for the cover of my book. I was messing around like I normally do, and...well, this was the result. But some other ideas turned out like this:






I like how forbidding this one is, kind of like a warning. I especially like the effect it gives my other possible title.












Of course, the gravestones from the Gettysburg cemetery are out of place--especially since the cemetery wasn't there during my book.  But it's just an idea (by the way, I didn't take these pictures, so I can't take the credit. haha). Let me know which one you like best!

 I already have a pretty good idea of how the Southerners felt during the Civil War; I feel the same way about my state whenever I look out my window towards the mountain, or our "lake". I suppose that's why my book is the way it is--it goes really deep into the south and southern ways.

That's all I have time for now.  But I hope you all have a wonderful day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts