Everyone Loves Love

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I just wrote a part in my book that I never thought I would get to write. Sad thing is, it's at the beginning.


People disagree whether or not love makes the world go round. I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards agreeing that it does. Not necessarily the romantic kind of love--but just love in general. People do the things they do for love; love of them self, love of someone close, love of material possession, love of country, or love of faith. I write because I love it; I obey my parents because I love them and God. Love is pretty much always a motivation. Even people consumed with hate love something--themselves, or their hatred.

So everyone would do or give up something for love, right? People who love others give up their own lives; people who love themselves betray their so-called friends. But the biggest love story I can remember takes place a long time ago, and you can read about it in the Bible.

God loved us so much, He sent His only Son to earth as a baby to die for us.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life. ~ John 3:16
Jesus died on the cross. The Bible tells us that Jesus said, "It is finished" and then He gave up the Ghost--that means that Jesus died.

                                                               But it didn't end there.


Jesus rose again on the third day. That's why we celebrate Easter. Not to wait for the Easter bunny to leave us some candy.

We can't save ourselves. No one is righteous. I know that I'm not good enough to go to Heaven. And no one else is. And if no one is good enough to go to Heaven on their own, then we are all doomed, and on our way to Hell.

But Christ died for us so we wouldn't have to die. He took our place. Think of a man in the secret service. He sees an assassin and jumps in front of the President, taking the bullet in the heart. It should have been the President who got shot--but instead, the secret service man took the Presidents place.
     I should have been the one on that cross. But Jesus took my place because He loved me. The Bible tells us that Jesus could have asked thousands of angels to take Him off the cross--but He stayed there for me. And it was me who nailed Jesus to that cross.

How does Jesus dying on the cross save us? His blood washes away all our sins. If we believe that Jesus Christ died for us, even though we are sinners, and then rose again to save us, we can be saved from living in Hell for the rest of eternity. If we die without accepting Jesus as our Saviour, then we will go to Hell. And the truth is, we have no idea when we will die, or when Jesus is coming back--did you know Jesus is coming back? When He does, He will take all the people who believe in Him to Heaven--we will meet Him in the air.
     In my favorite book of the Bible, James, it says that,

"...we know not what shall be on the morrow; for what is your life? It is even a vapour which appeareth for a little time and then vanisheth away." ~ James 4:13-14

You know how on a cold morning you can see your breath for a few seconds? That's what the verse means when it says, "as a vapour"; you could die of a heart attack in the next minute or less--no matter what your age. Driving to the store or home from work, you could be in a car accident. Someone could break into your house and shoot you down in cold blood. Or Jesus could come back.

Jesus will save anyone--and He can and will save you. No matter who you are, or what you've done, Jesus loves you. Why else would He die for you? Death on the cross was extremely painful--but He went through it for you. Don't wait another minute. This Easter, come to know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Just admit you're a sinner. Believe that Jesus died for you and rose again. Then call upon Jesus and ask Him to forgive your sins. He will save you. If there are any questions, just give me a call or email me.

For those of you who are already saved, what have you been doing lately? We are called to be the light of the world. We have to spread the amazing news of Jesus to people around us. Ask your friends and family if they're saved. Even if you think they are, ask anyway--if they're saved, I'm sure they would appreciate that you care about them. We've got an awesome job--a wonderful calling: we have to spread the Word. What are doing about it?





Some exciting news for all Christians: three people have been saved this week! This is the best Easter of my life!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)