So...Now What?

Saturday, March 5, 2011

There are thousands of choices we have to make in our lives. Maybe even millions. Some are big, some are small. Some don't matter. Some could change our whole life, and the lives of others around us. We make choices our whole lives; but a lot are made when you are a teenager. There's the decision of what classes to take in high school. The decision to study instead of party. The decision to not go over to speed limit (maybe one of the hardest decisions yet!). A bigger decision is college. But one of the biggest is what to do with our lives.

The biggest decision in our life is whether or not to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. I have made to choice to follow Him. So...now what? I know what. I need to do what God wants me to do with my life. So what do I do exactly? I need to decide to give my life over to God. That is a big decision. I need to give all my talents over to God. There are so many things that I am interested in, but I'm not sure which one will let me serve God better. Should I go to college for nursing? What about music? I've pretty much given up the idea of law school. I just don't enjoy like other stuff. Of course, I'm a writer and no matter what I do, I will always write. Maybe I should just spend my life writing. Right now, I can't think of anything better than being a stay at home mom, and writing. So right now, that's my plan. But now comes the question of college. Should I go to a Christian college? Let me tell you this. I did get a little homesick at the Wilds. So how can I go to Bob Jones University for four years then?  I'm thinking of majoring in music in a college around here. Maybe I'll even take come courses online. I'm not sure. But I'm praying. Because I want to serve God. I love the song from the Wilds, All I Ever Want to Be.

All I ever want to be
Is what you want of me, Lord
I give my life to You.
And all my hopes and dreams and plans,
I place within Your hands, Lord.
I give my life to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)