Many Nicknames

5:05 PM

To start this post, I want to thank everyone for giving me some input on my three stories. Like, you, I'm partial to Rebel Yell and My Meadows. My other book, Rebel, doesn't seem as glamorous as it seemed when I first thought of it. So now, I only have to pick between Rebel Yell and My Meadows. I know that I'll write both someime in my life.

Now, to the point of this post. My friend Morgan listed her nicknames on her blog. So I though I'd list mine--even if a few of them are embarassing. This may take a while, too; I have a lot of nicknames, and I might need to make this a two-part post. Here goes.


1.Emilemithy. A long story. One time, when we were camping, one of our friend's cousins gave me this nickname. I have no idea why, though.

2.Empy. My brother gave me this name--it's my least favorite. He calls me this because some people call me "Em" and my middle initial is "P". Simple enough.

3. Bob (aka Bobby). I just asked my brother why he calls me this. He said, "I don't know; it's just one of those names." LOL

4. Bubba. Another nickname from my brother. Hopefully you aren't rolling on the floor, laughing. This nickname is a nickname he gave me to jerk my chain. Because seriously--what girl wants to be called Bubba?

5. Emi. My pappy calls me this. And now Londan. I've gotten her to say "Emily" before, but for the most part, she calls me Emi. And it's so cute.

6. Ema. One of my friends in kindergarden gave me this nickname. When I told her that you spell "Ema" E-M-M-A, she said, "Well, I spell your's, E-M-A." And it stuck. That's also why I now spell "Emi" E-M-I.

7. Emi Paige. My dad calls me this a lot. Example: "What'cha doin' Emi Paige?"

8. M&;M. My Mee-Mee gave me this nickname. Now my friend Sarah calls me this every once and a while. I like it.

9. Emaline. Cassandra called me this (once). I had never been called that before. Except for when one of my friends said that my stage name should be, "Emaline Paigette".


10. Buckwheat. From the movie Little Rascals. We (my brother and I) gave a few of our "Little Rascals Buddies" (our group of friends who we watch the movie with) nicknames from the movie. My brother is Spanky, my sister is Porky (she picked it, not us), and I am Buckwheat. I can't tell you who is Alfalfa--they would get mad at me.

11. Beezus. My mom calls me Beezus because of the movie, Ramona and Beezus. Why? Beezus was an older sister, she wanted her own room...yeah, that's why.

12. Blonde (aka Blondie). Sarah calls me this, when I trip. I've found out that ninth graders can't have senior moments--they have blonde moments. But may I just say: an awful lot of smart people were German (scientists, and musicians) and most Germans have blonde hair. So just remember:

                                                      Blonde is a hair color, not an IQ.



I think that just about wraps things up. I hope that you've enjoyed this post. I know I have. If I think of any more nicknames, I'll let you know. What's you're favorite nickname of mine? Or do you dislike them all and prefer "Emily"? My favorite is Emilemithy. Anyway, have a great weekend!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I guess I call you Emmie or Em most of the time, don't I?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts