Life, or Death?

Monday, March 28, 2011

There are times when you feel like you can fly. Then, there are times when you can barely walk, and when you try, you stumble. But I haven't felt like that for a long time.Why? What makes me so happy? It could be that I live in a wonderful place; maybe because I've got great friends. Obviously, I'm happy because I am slowly, but steadily, working my way through my novel. You're all wrong. I thought the answer was in the above paragraph, too. But I know the real reason, now. It's so simple.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  -Romans 5:1-2

My youth group has been going through Romans in Sunday School, and I am so glad; I never realized what a great book of the Bible Romans is. I love those two verses. I can have peace with God--I know I'm going to Heaven, because I accepted His Son, Jesus Christ, as my Lord and Saviour. But wait, it gets better.


 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.  -Romans 5:3-5
 
We can rejoice in tribulations. What are tribulations? They're hardships and trials. And just think, God can give us the strength to rejoice in them! That means that even if everything was taken away from me--even if America was destroyed--I could still rejoice!
  For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
  For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. -Romans 5:6-7
Those verses kind of stop me in my tracks. For a righteous--or good--man, barely one man will die. But read this:
 
 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  -Romans 5:8
That's a pretty famous verse. And it makes me feel...happy all over, while at the same time, I'm in awe. Jesus, Who had never sinned, never done anything wrong, died for the whole world. And we are all so wicked. Even me. I might not go out and kill anybody, but I'm still a sinner. And JESUS DIED FOR US. I can't stress how important and amazing that is. I am so glad that Jesus died to save me. But in case your wondering, He died for you too.

 "Well," you might say, "I was baptised. I took communion. I believe in Jesus. I go to church; I'm a good person." The Bible says that even the devil and demons believe there is a God (James 2:19). Baptism does not save you. Throughout the whole New Testament, it says that Salvation is by faith. You can't be saved by going to church--that is for Christians to fellowship and learn about God; you can't be saved by being a good person; because being good just doesn't cut it; communion is for Christians, so they can remember that Jesus died for them; baptism can't save you, because that is to show people you're saved, not to save. The only way to be saved is to admit you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says,
 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 3:10 says,
There is none righteous, no not one.

You can't get any clearer than that. We are all sinners.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. -Mark 1:15
Salvation is so easy. Just admit you are a sinner. Helping someone won't get you into Heaven; you're pastor won't get you into Heaven. Being baptised won't get you into Heaven. "Then what can!?" you ask.
                                                                       Jesus.

He died for you. Accept Him as your Saviour. Because the fact is, you don't have much time. You could be killed in a car accident tonight. You could have a heart attack. Or Jesus could come back to earth tonight. We don't know when He will come, but we know it's soon, because the Bible has told us about the last days; and we are in them. Don't wait another minute. Don't say, "I'll get saved tomorrow"--because there might not be a tomorrow. Last year, at Youth night, one of the teenage guys was preaching, and he told the
story of a boy named Iggy. Iggy heard about Jesus, and the man that told him asked Iggy, "Would you like to get saved?" Iggy said, no, he wanted to wait. "But I'll see you tomorrow at the basketball court." So, the next day, the man waited for three hours, but Iggy never showed up. He went to Iggy's house; but Iggy wasn't there. The man asked Iggy's mother where Iggy was. With tears in her eyes, she said that Iggy had got in a fight the day before; the boy had had been fighting pulled out a knife, and stabbed Iggy right in the heart.

Iggy wanted to wait to talk about Jesus. But he never got the chance. And that means, that Iggy is in Hell. "A loving God would never send anyone to hell," you say. God doesn't send us to Hell, we send ourselves. God sent His Son to die for us. But will we accept His Son? Jesus is the greatest Gift that was ever given. But we have to accept the Gift of salvation. It's hanging there, waiting for you right now--will you take it?

I hope that this will leave an impression on you. And I really hope--it's my prayer--that if you aren't saved, that you will accept Jesus as your Saviour--don't hesitate. Feel free to give me a call, or e-mail me, or comment--this is the biggest decision in your life. And it's a matter of life or death. Do you choose Jesus Christ (life) or not (death)? I'll leave you with this question:  

                                               Where will you be 5 minutes after you die?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)