I Can't Believe I Trashed It

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I was reading today through the beginning of Rebel Yell that I had trashed. Then I realized that it was better than my new one. So...I just sat in the same position, dumbfounded. Then I decided that I would rewrite the old beginning. As far as beginnings go, it wasn't that bad.

I am kind of dreading the first draft. And I guess that's because when you write the first draft, the idea is still forming in your head. I might not be absolutely sure where I'm going with the story. Of course, I have a plot, and I know how I want it to end; but things change. When I first started Rebel Yell, I thought I had it all planned out. Now, the story has taken so many turns off of the original plan, that I should be dizzy. But all of the changes are making the story so much better; I really am happy with them. So, along with the...anxiety...of writing the first draft, I really am excited. Especially since I re-read my first beginning. It sparked a sudden burst of inspiration--and I'm going to ignite it.

That's all for now. I am going to work on my book. I feel so excited and nervous at the same time *sigh*

By the way, I want to wish one of my dearest friends, Morgan a happy 15th birthday!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)