Because Dream are So Much More

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Because dreams are so much more than hopes.

Because nothing is impossible.

Because I want to .


"What's the use of dreaming?" a very old song asks (old as in 1909). I've wondered that myself. May I ask why we dream of starring in a Broadway musical, or playing the piano at Carnegie Hall, when it's *never* going to happen. I may *never* publish a book. So then, why do I waste my time dreaming? Dreaming can really get people into trouble; they start to believe that their dreams are going to be reality. Someone says, "You can't make it, you'll never amount to anything", and we cut off all ties from those people--we think they're just jealous, that they don't know anything. But what if they're right? What if we spend all our time planning and getting ready to be a concert musician? What if we spend our study time starring in plays, or spend tons of money on voice lessons, only to get burnt out--to be proved as a failure?

I can't count the times I've thought about that. I wonder, what happens if I fail? What's the point of dreaming? And each time I think this--although I may take a while to come back to myself--I come to these conclusions:


~Dreams are more than hopes

~With God, nothing is impossible (Matthew 19:26)

~I want to write--and what's more, I can't help writing

~I want to be the best I can be so everyone who has ever doubted me can see they were wrong

~I can use my talents for God

~I've got friends and family who support and love me

~Even if I never publish a book in my life--even if I never finish one, I will still write, because I enjoy it

So everytime I feel like a failure, like there is absolutely no reason to go on dreaming---I'll stop and think about those things.


Because dreams are so much more than hopes.

Because nothing is impossible.

Because I want to.

1 comment:

  1. I have complete confidence that you will publish a book - and sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)